She holds an MFA in Writing for Children from the Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA).
Her books include elements of science, technology, and usually at least a little whimsy. Ofter, her stories have characters who are Thai or Vietnamese American (#ownVoices), and touch on discrimination, of women in science and/or Asian Americans in the United States.
Other writerly things from her past include:
- Founding, editing, and running for many years the literary magazine HOOT, which publishes tiny poems and stories on postcards.
- Organizing and leading workshops online and in the Philadelpha area on poetry and flash fiction.
- Reading for a literary agency.
- Working as an editorial assistant at an Editorial Services company.
- Published poems in elimae and Monkey Bicycle.
- Member of SCBWI since 2012.