She holds an MFA in Writing for Children from the Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA).
Her books include elements of science, technology, and usually at least a little whimsy or absurdity. She includes characters that her child-self yearned to see--such as children with one Asian parent, and autistic protagonists--and portrays worlds beyond those most often seen.
She is represented by Kelly Dyksterhouse at Tobias Literary.
Other writerly things from her past include:
- Published poems in elimae and Monkey Bicycle.
- Founding, editing, and running for many years the literary magazine HOOT, which publishes tiny poems and stories on postcards.
- Organizing and leading workshops online and in the Philadelpha area on poetry and flash fiction.
- Reading for a literary agency.
- Working as an editorial assistant at an Editorial Services company.
- Member of SCBWI since 2012.