She holds an MFA in Writing for Children from the Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA).
She writes books for children...fiction books that often include elements of science, technology, the Asian American experience, and usually at least a little whimsy.
Other writerly things from her past include:
- Founding, editing, and running for many years the literary magazine HOOT, which publishes tiny poems and stories on postcards.
- Organizing and leading workshops online and in the Philadelpha area on poetry and flash fiction.
- Reading for a literary agency.
- Working as an editorial assistant at an Editorial Services company.
- Published poems in elimae and Monkey Bicycle.
- Member of SCBWI since 2012.